Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

Made it Myself: Tablet Cover

 
My tablet rarely leaves the house, but I wanted protection for the odd time it does.  I didn't want a sleeve or pouch.  And I wanted to be able to prop my device up.   I knew that much. But I didn't know just what I wanted.
 
Then I found a perfect solution!  It was in a tutorial I found here, at Chica and Jo, while doing a Google search for  DIY tablet cover.  The instruction are super easy to follow.  I had to adjust the measurements a bit to suit my tablet.   The instructions call for chipboard, but I don't even know what that is. They suggested the inside of an old binder, but ours were all made out of corrugated cardboard.  That is no good!  I ended up using a piece of picture matting that I managed to acquire for fifty cents.  I used hair bands for the elastic.  I cut up a wide one for the corner pieces and used a thin one to hold everything shut.  I got both of those in a bunch for  a dollar, and I still have four or five thin ones left.  Everything else I already had on hand!  So not only was this easy to make, it only cost me $1.50 + tax!  it doesn't get much better than that!
 
 
I will let the pictures show you the awesomeness of this cover:
Here we are all closed up.  This is the front.

Still all closed up. This is the back.  Yes, I ironed first, but then I let it sit for a week....  don't do that.  Trust me.

Here it is all opened up.

And opened up with everything neatly tucked up in the elastic.

As you saw in the first photo, you can also prop your tablet up to watch videos.  I don't know what took me so long to make this!  I am glad that I made it though.

Thanks for looking!
:) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It is nice to know that you are thinking of me.
Thanks for taking the time to leave one.