First I had to find a picture of the lips. Then download the font. Go here if you want the font. I had no idea that there even was a font available! I laid it out several different ways. I couldn't decide how I wanted the words. Then I printed out my pictures and gathered my supplies.
I settled on a design and carefully cut it out to fit on my glass tile. Then glued it to the tile using my triple thick glaze.
Then I took one of the paint chips I had and chose the red colour that best matched the front and cut it out to fit the tile.
Perfect. I glued that to the back with an ordinary glue stick. No waiting for it to dry that way!
Then I put a nice thick coat of the glaze on the back. I haven't learned the art of getting the glaze nice and even, I've always got brush strokes. *sigh*
Then after letting that dry. I glued my pretty little heart-shaped bail onto the back using E-6000, let that dry and put a chain through it. Sadly, I managed to do a great job smearing glue all over the place. Luckily it is the back, so we are the only people who will see it. If it was a gift, it wouldn't do. But I can live with it.
Thanks for reading! :)Pin It