Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

A Zergling? What is that? (part one)

My adult  nephew posted a plea on Facebook a while ago asking if someone could make him a model or a plush zergling.  After asking what on earth that was, I decided to make it a personal challenge.  I told him not to say 'no' to anyone who might actually know what they are doing, but I would give it a shot.

What have I gotten myself into?  This is the creature. It is from a game called Starcraft. That is all I know. 
Isn't he just stunning?

Picture from http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Zergling

But he also sent me this picture of a stuffed one, so obvioulsy he is pretty flexible on just how accurate it looks.

Found here: http://img2.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.290660642.jpg
This one is a little too cutesy-poo for my liking.  Although I think I could have pulled it off.

I'm aiming for something in between.  Here is what I have so far.
My materials.  I'm not sure why I thought I needed green felt.....  Not shown are my first ever pair of glasses.  Apparently I'm getting older and I need them when doing things like sewing and beading.  Oddly enough, I don't require them for reading.

The paper is my attempt at sketching out my idea.  Did I mention that I have never made a stuffed animal without a pattern before?  I am totally flying by the seat of my pants here.

I sewed up the body and have to say that it is looking pretty goofy right about now.

It still looks pretty goofy, but I can see it starting to take shape.

This is as far as I have gotten.  My plan is to get those big spiky things on it's back today, then start embellishing it.  I'll keep posting progress even if this ends up being a failure.

Thanks for looking! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It is nice to know that you are thinking of me.
Thanks for taking the time to leave one.